Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flatface Products Review

Go down 
+2
Anton D.
Michael
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael

Flatface Products Review Empty
PostSubject: Flatface Products Review   Flatface Products Review Empty9/12/2009, 11:18 pm

Hey guys today I will be doing a review on 3 Flatface Fingerboards.

About Flatface:
Flatface is owned and operated by Mike Schneider. They sell very legit products, of the highest quality from all over the world. Low pro, Berlinwood, Winkler, and Black River-ramps are just a few of them. Now on to the review.

Flatface G12 Deck

Shipping:
Cant talk about shipping since i got it from my friend.

First Impressions:
I took the deck out of the bubble mailer and I was impressed. Many G12's are said to be warped but this one is absolutely perfect. 10/10

Craftsmanship:
Everything about the craftsmanship is flawless. It features medium kicks and mellow concave, with barley any dips. Sanding is perfect, the edges are rounded. The laquer is shiney and is laquered by a professional laquering process. Holes are perfect, and you most likely will never get a flatface deck with messed up holes. There is a nice flatface G12 stamp on the top of the board. It perfectly fits a piece of FBS Extra Smooth Pre-cut grip. 10/10

Performance:
The pop on this deck is really nice. It is crisp and so solid. It feels a little lighter than most other 5 ply fingerboard decks on the market, so depending on your preference, you may not like how light it feels. I know peeps who like to have heavier decks as it allows more control over the board. But this is perfect for me. 10/10

Cost:
30 USD shipped

Teflon Bushings:

Performance:
There bushings are the perfect bushings. They will fit anyones riding style whether you like your trucks loose or tight. Tighten them down for a nice solid feeling, and loosen them one turn for a looser feeling. I personally like them medium hardness, which is a little loose but not too loose. I would highly recommend getting these bushings. 10/10

Cost:
3.50 USD (Includes shipping cost) 1.50 without shipping.

G6O Bearing Wheels:

Shape:
These are the original shape made by flatface fingerboards, they are more boxy than the .1 series of wheels. They are a mustardy color and come in the dual bearing model also.

Performance:
Being a single bearing wheel, i thought they would wear out within a week. These wheels are the hardest of all the flatface wheel material, and they are also my favorite of all the ones ive tried. They are so durable, washers are not needed with these wheels, they WILL NOT wear out at all. Ive been using them for 2 weeks and i got them used, there is literally, no wear on the backs. I would highly recommend a set. 10/10

Cost:
32 USD shipped
DUAL BEARING MODEL: 55 USD shipped

Hope you guys liked the review. Now for some pics.
Flatface Products Review PICT0033
Flatface Products Review PICT0025
Back to top Go down
Anton D.

Anton D.

PostSubject: Re: Flatface Products Review   Flatface Products Review Empty10/12/2009, 12:07 am

That setup looks so amazingly sexy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pkballin
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Flatface Products Review   Flatface Products Review Empty10/12/2009, 12:53 am

Thanks, its gone already this review was from summer.
Back to top Go down
bcmc418fbs

bcmc418fbs

PostSubject: Re: Flatface Products Review   Flatface Products Review Empty21/12/2009, 4:12 pm

nice plys
Back to top Go down
kellijones

kellijones

PostSubject: Re: Flatface Products Review   Flatface Products Review Empty21/12/2009, 7:18 pm

Great review Michael! I have had my g6-o's for a year and there is absolutely NO back wear. Best wheels ever.
Back to top Go down
Cosden L.

Cosden L.

PostSubject: Re: Flatface Products Review   Flatface Products Review Empty22/12/2009, 3:38 pm

Agreed, G6O's aren't the fastest but they are so durable, nice review.
Back to top Go down
Ryan K

Ryan K

PostSubject: Re: Flatface Products Review   Flatface Products Review Empty26/12/2009, 1:44 pm

good review mike.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flexboreder
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flatface Products Review   Flatface Products Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Flatface Products Review
Page 1 of 1